Monday, May 31, 2010

Shiva & the Origins of Reiki

To my surprise, a little farther down the river from Tacomi, Shiva appeared as a goddess instead of as the male deity revered in India today. She was the most beautiful female I had ever seen: her long-black hair was adorned with sparkling blue beads. She was wrapped in a silk sari that appeared to be made of intertwining blue and white scarves.

She looked up and smiled as I stood before her. A shiver of excitement shot through my body as our eyes met. She handed me a silver-bladed knife with a golden handle studded with jewels: rubies, sapphires, and emeralds. The knife symbolized the ability to cut through the illusion of our seeming separation from the Divine. She helped me cut myself loose and set myself free from gender and the duality of male and female and all other divisive dualities such as reason versus emotion.

Right after my visionary meditation, I thought I must be making up what I had seen. First, Jesus appears as a Reiki Master guide? Tacomi made sense, he was Tibetan. Then, Shiva as a goddess? "Come on, Jack?" I thought to myself, "I must be full-of-it. I must have made all this up. Creative imagination. Anybody who knows anything, knows that Shiva is a male deity. "

But then, two days later, I read in Diane Stein’s book Essential Reiki that Buddha and later Jesus were connected to Reiki. During the lost years, Jesus had been seen in India. In addition, Stein referenced the evidence that Jesus also lived in India after the Resurrection. As radical and as far out as it sounds, I offer the following to you as food for thought. Consider the synchronicity as you read what psychic and medium, Laurel Steinhice, revealed to Diane Stein during a channeling session on the origins of Reiki.

"She [Laurel] described Reiki as having originated with the planet that also brought the many-armed gods and goddesses, to Earth, the root culture of what became pre-patriarchal India. The Indian god we know today as Shiva, female at that time, was responsible for bringing Reiki here, and she wants to be remembered for the gift. When the human body was designed, Reiki was incorporated into the genetic coding as a birthright of all people.

"Reiki is part of everyone of us. It was once universal and was never meant to be lost. Children of early Earth in the civilization we call Mu today, received Reiki training at the beginning of grade school. They received Reiki II at what we would define as junior high school age. Reiki III, the Teacher/Master’s training was required for educators and for anybody who wanted it."

"When the people of its root culture left the mainland of Mu to colonize India and Tibet, Reiki continued with them, though Mu was eventually lost. The Earth changes that destroyed first Mu and then Atlantis resulted in a severe cultural disorganization, causing the healing system to remain the knowledge of only a select few. When in the nineteenth century a Japanese man sought the origins of Jesus’ and the Buddha’s method of healing, he found them in the ancient remnants of Shiva’s early culture in the esoteric teachings of India."

Okay, Toto, let’s get back to Kansas. As out of the ordinary as the information I read in Diane Stein’s book is to conventional thinking, it was synchronistic for me. And I consider synchronicity as one of the ways the Divine communicates with us. But why does the Divine not just come right our and say things to us directly? Why is the truth not always out in the open? Why is there esoteric knowledge? Why do we have to seek the truth? How come the truth isn’t just handed to us on a silver platter if God so loves us? Why does the Divine play the peek-a-boo, I love you game? I'll share some possible answers to these questions for a future posting.

• Today, remember God is often winking at us with synchronicity. The daily dialogue with the Divine may take you into unexpected territory, and what is important is discerning the meaning for you. [Parts of the above are found in Words Become Flesh. See www.drsrj.com].

No comments:

Post a Comment